Tamil Welfare Association Newham UK (TWAN) is an OISC registered, community based legal advice service, providing a range of services aimed at the growth and empowerment of Tamil speaking individuals in the UK.
TWAN has successfully completed 35 years of service to the Tamil community in the UK and continues to grow. Formed initially to assist asylum seekers and victims of war and torture, we continue serve this group as well as specialising in other immigration matters. We also provide advice across a range of social welfare areas.
We require a part time legal aid Billing Coordinator to work for about 15 hours per month
- Processing and submitting legal-aid bills For Controlled Work and Certificated cases in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring that appropriate LAA requirements are complied with
- Reconciliation of claims sent to the LAA
- Perform other relevant duties relating to LAA billing
- Previous experience in the processing of LAA bills from start to finish
- Proficiency in CCMS reporting and billing
- Up-to- date knowledge of the LAA Costs Assessment Guidance
Send your CV by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15th March 2022